Greywalker - Kat Richardson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There is something to be said for an author who kills her main character in the first chapter, I have to say that. Harper Blaine takes quite a beating and one could think she'd taken lessons from Harry Dresden in getting her ass kicked. In fact it's hard to read Greywalker without drawing parallelles to just the Dresden Files, both main characters are PIs and both handle the supernatural in a large American city assisted by assorted side-characters. But where I instantly relate and like Harry, Harper kinda just make me wince. Maybe this will change later on in the series, I do hope so, but for now it is quite obvious that this book is the first in a series. The characters are a bit chunky, the action scenes just a bit too rushed and impersonal and the story just a little bit to simple. It might have been slightly unfair to read this so soon after finishing Butcher's series about Dresden, had I read this first I might have rated it higher than the average three it gets now.

Despite that the series does show promise, I like the author's take on the supernatural and if Harper Blaine and her fellow characters get a bit more flesh on their bones it might be an enjoyable read.



  • Sooz
  • 8:44 PM
  • 0 comments

0 comments :

Post a Comment