Sandry's Book - Tamora Pierce

Sandry's Book (Circle of Magic, #1)Sandry's Book by Tamora Pierce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a rather thin and lovely YA book. It takes a refreshing look at magic along with a more traditional one. The four youths are great with all their strengths and weaknesses, they feel human and they use their powers in really imaginative ways. The worldbuilding is also well done, no infodumps or the like, it just comes when it comes.

This is the kind of book I would have loved as a kid, it even has that boarding school element that I loved so much at that age.

One thing though, this book is named Sandry's book but there's not a lot of her in it, not much more than the other three at least. I hope the other books have the same mix else it feels really unfair to as lovely a character as Sandry.



View all my reviews
  • Sooz
  • 2:28 PM
  • 0 comments

0 comments :

Post a Comment