Iron Council - China Miéville

Iron Council (New Crobuzon, #3)Iron Council by China Miéville

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The final (so far) book in the Bas Lag series is New Weird goes Western and I don't mind one bit. In fact I would have loved more of that part and less of the parts happening in New Crobuzon. I half hope he writes another book about the Iron Council, just about the Iron Council.

Something I like is that Miéville have reigned in his abundant flow of imagination and streamlined it abit, maybe it's because I've gotten used to this world and don't even blink when he talks about living cactus and creatures with a womans body and a beetle for head. And due to this I can focus more on the story, which is rather good indeed. There's quite a few characters but it never gets too overwhelming and some of the stories are just heartbreaking.

A note though, you don't have to read the earlier books in the series to "get" this one but as I said it benefits if you are already familiar with the world and fantastic people who inhabit it.



View all my reviews
  • Sooz
  • 11:45 AM
  • 0 comments

0 comments :

Post a Comment